Tuesday 3 September 2013

Benefit They're Real Review

Hey there! Today I'll be taking a look at Benefit's "They're Real!" mascara in black, and letting you know what I think of it. It costs £19.50, and you can get it in larger Boots stores as well as department stores - I got mine in House of Fraser.

I really love the packaging for this mascara, I think the chrome bottle looks pretty - I am a sucker for Benefit packaging though! The bottle's about 12cm long so easily fits in your makeup bag. 
I actually found the wand to be pretty interesting looking, and I really like the fact that the end has bristles on it too as I like to use the end of the wand to wing out my mascara at the outer corner and this makes it much easier. I did find, however, that there would be quite a lot of mascara gathered at the end of the wand but it wasn't too hard to wipe off on the inside of the neck of the bottle.


Before picture! My eyelashes are relatively long and thick, but are very light and tend to clump together easily, much to my dismay.

After picture! The mascara coated my lashes well in a single coat, and made them appear longer as well as thicker.  I LOVE this mascara for dramatic looks but find it to be a bit too much for everyday sometimes.
Some problems I encountered: They're Real clumped when I tried to apply a second coat, which isn't too much of a problem as one coat really is enough! I also found it very challenging to remove which puts me off it a little bit, but if you have short eyelashes or love the dramatic look and don't mind a little bit of annoyance at the end of the day then I would definitely recommend They're Real.

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors